Shozen Membership Agreement
1) PARTIES: I, ________________________________________ as the Buyer, enter into this Agreement with Shozen Martial Arts (herein-after referred to as “the School”), and do hereby agree on behalf of myself, my children, and all persons entitled to use the facilities of the School by virtue of my membership, as follows:
5) HEALTH: Student’s Parent/Guardian hereby stipulates that their child is physically sound and can proceed with a rigorous routine of exercise. We acknowledge that the School shall make no, and shall have no responsibility to make any independent evaluation of our physical health or fitness
6) RISK: Student and Parent/Guardian understand the risks involved in karate training and that Shozen Martial Arts is in no way liable for injury. We hereby release, indemnify, and hold harmless the School and its officers, directors, employees, and agents, from and against any claims, demand, cost and liabilities of any kind or nature. These include attorney’s fees and costs, for injury to or death of myself, my child(ren), or of any persons who become entitled to use the facilities of the School. In addition to these, the participation in the School’s off premises activities, and I agree that the School shall not be responsible for the conduct of other users of the School’s facilities or equipment or off premises programs
7) ADDITIONAL COSTS: We understand and agree that there will be special; events held at the School, including but not limited to belt tests, tournaments, camps, sleepovers etc., and these events all incur additional fees beyond the amounts set forth in this Agreement. We also understand and agree that the cost of uniforms, equipment and supplies are not included in the cost set fourth above, and must be purchased separately.
8) LOSS/DAMAGE/THEFT OF PROPERTY: The School, nor its officers, directors, or employees shall not be responsible for any student’s personal property which is damaged, lost, or stolen in or around the School or its facilities, or at any of the School’s off premises events.
9) RULES AND REGULATIONS: We agree to abide by the rules and regulations governing the conduct and schedule of operation of the School facilities. We understand the School has the right to amend any and all rules and regulations including those set fourth in this Membership Agreement, and we agree to abide by all such rules and regulations. We understand that our membership and the right to use the School’s facilities and programs may be suspended or terminated at any time, with or without cause.
10) PHOTOGRAPHS: I hereby authorize the school and its agents to photograph me or my child(ren) and to utilize such photographs in any print media including the internet for any commercial purpose. We agree that we shall not be entitled to receive any compensation as a result of such use including but not limited to, the promotion of the School.
11) DEFAULT IN FEE OBLIGATION: All monthly fee obligations are due and payable on the date set fourth in this agreement. A late fee of $25 will be charged on all accounts five days after the due date. If fees become thirty days delinquent all use of School facilities will be suspended. If fees become sixty days delinquent membership will be terminated and the balance of the initial contract will become due and payable in full. The Student will also be responsible for reasonable attorney’s fees for the collection of delinquent account.
12) REFUNDS/CANCELATION: There will be no refunds for missed classes or programs. This agreement is binding and non cancelable.
13) ACCEPTANCE: I UNDERSTAND that my signature constitutes my complete agreement to the terms and conditions set fourth herein. Also, no verbal statement by Shozen Martial Arts personnel shall expand the scope of this agreement and that no change shall be enforceable against either party unless it is in writing and signed by the parties.
14) I certify that I have read and understand this agreement and have received a copy of this document.
Thank you for your submission